Activity Skills: Speaking/Writing/Coloring
Ages: 7 -11 year olds
Objective: To get to know yourself; realize your own qualities
- Copies of the drawing of a flower (one per child)
- Pencils, markers, colored pencils
- Have children working with a partner, sitting facing each other
- Partners choose who is “A” or “B”. Partner “A” has one minute to share with “B” what he/she likes most about him/herself. Then it is partner B’s turn.
- As a group, give to each child the drawing of the flower (Appendix 1).
- Instruct children to write their names on the center of the flower, write their qualities/talents on each petal, and then color it.
- Make a display showing everyone’s flower.
Book: 30 Atividades de Educação Emocional e Intuitiva para pais e educadores, título original da dinâmica: “O que você mais gosta em você”; FOELKER, Rita; Ed. Gil., Jundiaí, 2006 – ISBN 85-87548-11-5 (30 Emotional and Intuitive Education Activities for parents and educators, original activity title: “What you like best about yourself”)
Appendix 1: Flower